Thursday, April 3, 2014

Otter Falls

There was at least an inch of snow on the ground when we woke up this morning-it is still snowing though lightly.   18°F.  Remember the old saying, "Don't eat yellow snow?" I find myself pushing fresh snow on top the babies urine stains.  I do pick up their dookie.  We slept very well considering we were right on the Alaska highway.


My goal for today was to try for the Alaska border.  I drove in snow all morning and into early afternoon before the sun came out.  It really slowed the plan down.  I got to Whitehorse thinking I would stop there, but for some reason I did not like the place and moved on.  Then I reached Otter Falls...


Otter Falls Truck Stop is run by a couple of wonderful young ladies.  Not a lot of people staying there, but a lot of people were there to take advantage of 24 hour gas, RV parking, laundry, showers, food and country store.  They did not have water or dumping available yet, but for CAD 20.00 you got a pull through slot with 30 amp connection.  

Took a shower,  ate dinner, then started petting Baby Boy-and we both fell asleep.

You arey family.







1 comment: