Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Dawson Creek

Thoughts

The Hummer H3 is very definitely not a speed demon when pulling my 19'  trailer.  Some of the weather we ran into (me and the babies) has been pretty downright scary.  Snow on the ground, snow drifts across the highways, snow coming down so hard you can't even see in front of you with the wipers going as fast as possible.  You wake up covered in snow

I now realize that I  had no idea what I was getting into.


After taking a much needed rest yesterday, we woke this morning to 3°F weather outside.  At that temperature, the babies don't want to stay out, and one's hands start to tingle in a couple-three minutes.  The cold is bitter and cuts through you like a knife.  Everything task takes longer to get done: hitch the trailer, connect the power, connect the chains, do a walk around, verify lights are working, etc.



Glowing Embers



Glowing Embers was a really nice place to stay.  

They were not fully open yet, but they did everything they could to make things comfortable for an old man with three doggies.  First time I saw a shower that was coin operated.

Grounds ...... Good
WiFi .....        Great!
Bathrooms ... Good. Clean and neet-though communal.
Laundry ... Good.

Today

Don't judge a book by its cover.  This morning I want to the local Husky for gas, propane and breakfast.  I met a couple of old truck drivers-deep wrinkles, looked like mean-ass bikers. The talkative one had a huge tattoo on his bald head, earrings, etc.  Some of the nicest people I've met in a land full of nice people.  He did say that I should be good through Whitehorse at least. So, I girded up my loins and off I went...


Well Sethie wants to get to sleep and so do I...





No comments:

Post a Comment